Skip to content


Can SENDIASS help?

  • Are you or the young person you are looking to get support for aged 25 or under?

  • Are you (the young person) or the young person you are looking to get support for have a special educational need and/or a disability?

If the answer is yes to both, then the law says you can get information, advice and support about extra help you might need.

What can you help me with?


Check out our information zone for leaflets, policies and websites that can help on:

  • Local policy and practice regarding personalisation and Personal Budgets
  • The law relating to SEN and disability including health and social care
  • The Local Offer
  • Local and national sources of advice, information and support
  • Local parent support groups and forums
  • Education Health and Care (EHC) assessment and planning processes
  • School attendance and exclusions
  • Resolving disagreements, including mediation and tribunals


Sometimes information is not enough. You may want help to gather information, make sense of it and apply it to your own situation. We call this advice and we offer this service by email, on the telephone and through work with groups.

If you have checked our information zone and had advice but are unable to advocate for yourself without further support e.g. if your case is very complex or if you find it hard to communicate, Hertfordshire SENDIASS may be able to provide one-to-one support until you reach a stage where you feel able to proceed without our help.

Our service is impartial. We will not tell you what to do, or take sides. We will give you the information and support you need to make your own choices.

SENDIASS can support you by:

  • Listening to your views and concerns and work with you to explore your options
  • Helping you to prepare for meetings
  • Empowering you to feel confident to express your views and participate in decisions
  • Helping you understand and interpret information in letters and reports
  • Helping you with questions about your/your child’s education, including choosing a school and the process of SEN support
  • Work in partnership with schools and the local authority to develop positive relationships and ways to communicate

How can I get in touch with SENDIASS?

You can contact us by:

Phone 01992 555847


We can come and meet you or talk to your parents or carers if you prefer.